PyInvesting

Discussion

Evaluation matriclx when more than 20 stocks are higher than MA200

6 years, 3 months ago 778 views

Hi Ivann, 

I remember I saw somewhere you have the evaluation matrix(e.g. Gain in past 3, 6 months) if there are more than 20 stocks are more than MA200 (against the # of stocks =20). Would you able to explain again? If there are multiple matrix, which one metric given priority versus the other one? 

Contribute

Add to the discussion

Share an answer, source, or follow-up question.

3 replies

6 years, 3 months ago

No problem, I only use the 3 month and 6 month returns. I do not include the 4 month and 5 month returns for each stock.

6 years, 3 months ago

Hi Ivann,

The current one seems working and just want to understand more in details. Are u following like below?

1. Calculate the 3 months return for each stocks in universe

2.calculate the 4 months return for each stocks in universe

3.calculate the 5 months returns for each stocks in universe

4.calculate the 6 months returns for each stocks in universe 

5.average the 3 to 6 months returns for each stocks in universe

6. Rank the average returns of 3 to 6 months from highest to lowest

7.select based on the # stocks filled

Hope you don't mind of my lengthy reply. 

6 years, 3 months ago

I calculate the average between the 3 month to 6 month returns each stock in the universe. Then I rank the stocks from highest to lowest. If a new stock needs to be included into the portfolio, the strategy will pick the highest ranking stock and add that into the portfolio. I'm adding a new feature where users can choose the selection criteria. So instead of momentum, another metric could be stocks with the lowest RSI are chosen instead.